We are a team of researchers working on migration and conjugal mixedness in Europe-Asia social spaces at the Laboratory of Anthropology of Contemporary Worlds (LAMC) of the Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium).
The team’s research topics give specific attention on the situation of Belgian-Asian couples by delving deeper into the phenomenon of “super-diversity” and “contextual mobility”. The experiences of these less “visible” couples bring interesting insights into the dynamics and evolution of present-day societies as well as the changing meanings of intimacy and the family.
Research Funding Sources
This project is funded by the Fund for Scientific Research (F.R.S.-FNRS) and ARC Consolidation (Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles):
Other funding sources:
- FNRS installation grant (crédit de fonctionnement) (2017-2020) for Asuncion Fresnoza-Flot
- MSH (Maison des Sciences Humaines – ULB) Seed Grant (2017-2018) for Aaron Raphael Ponce
- FNRS Doctoral Research Fellowship (ASP – Aspirant) (2020-2024) for Angelie Marilla
- Waseda Brussels Office Research allowance (2021-2025) for Mari Kawase
- MSH (Maison des Sciences Humaines – ULB) Seed Grant (2022-2023) for Cai Chen